Legambiente and Hotel Riccione
choose eco-friendly tourism
Your eco-friendly holiday in Riccione comes true when you choose our Hotel Sole.
We endorse Legambiente's philosophy that aims to promote eco-sustainable tourism by suggesting a list of 10 principles to adopt in order to become a perfect eco-friendly hotel.
1. WASTE: sorting and recycling waste, reducing product volumes thanks to deposit return schemes, using refills and other supplies with low packaging content, eliminating food and toiletries monodoses.
2. WATER: using flow reducers to save water, collecting and recycling rain water/waste water and increasing staff and guest awareness to water saving policy.
3. ENERGY: using low-energy light bulbs and water and energy-saving towel changing policy in guests rooms; using timers and twilight switches to improve lighting efficiency in external and common areas; fitting low-energy appliances and boilers; producing and using renewable energy sources.
4. FOOD: using fresh fruit and vegetables from organic farming according to availability.
5. GASTRONOMY: offering typical traditional and local cuisine.
6. TRANSPORT: granting incentives and providing information on public transport (timetable, tickets, routes); information on nature trails, waterways and cycling paths.
7. LIGHT MOBILITY VEHICLES: encouraging the use of bicycles for short distances and if possible make bicycle and/or mountain bikes available.
8. NOISE: reducing noise levels through structural choices and better staff awareness.
9. NATURAL AND CULTURAL ASSETS: providing information on places and cultural events and where possible protection of the environment through the creation of green areas planted autochthonous species.
10. COMMUNICATION: increasing awareness to eco-friendly and sustainable behaviours.
We try and respect these principles to make sure you can enjoy a relaxing and fun holiday in full harmony with nature and the environment.
We look forward to welcoming you!